- IP Telecom to launch office in Cape Town bringing its VoIP solutions to South Africa
- Commences fit out of dedicated South Africa Data Centre ahead of launch
IP Telecom is set to extend its services to South Africa with the opening of their office in Cape Town. Present at the announcement in Cape Town was Irish Minister for Business and Innovation, Heather Humphries, who was on a trade mission to South Africa. Joining IP Telecom were key delegates from Enterprise Ireland, who have been assisting IP Telecom throughout the exploration phase, which will culminate in the official opening of the Cape Town office in February.
Speaking at the Trade Mission, Anthony Tattan, Commercial Director IP Telecom said “IP Telecom has been searching for the perfect opportunity to venture into new markets. And our partnerships here in South Africa with the help and support of Enterprise Ireland, and local businesses on the ground, represents a huge opportunity for our Irish company to take our blueprint for success in Europe and replicate it here in Africa.”
“It is a truly exciting time for our company attesting to our perpetual growth over the years.”
The opening of the Cape Town office marked the end of a week filled with activities on the road to launch:
- IP Telecom presented to industry leaders and companies such as Liquid Telecom and many others at a session held by Enterprise Ireland. In attendance was the Irish Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation Heather Humphreys.
- Ahead of launching IP Telecom SA our engineering team began development of our dedicated South African data centre ensuring that our world class VoIP solutions produce optimum voice quality for our South African customers.
- IP Telecom SA commenced an in-market exploration in order to introduce our tiered partner model to South Africa, offering co-branded reseller, white-label and wholesale models to potential channel partners, replicating the success of the Irish channel model.
IP Telecom looks forward to delivering VoIP solutions to South African businesses, bringing the expertise that serves the thousands of Irish Business on its networks, varying from SMEs with multi-site locations to large enterprises with global presence to this market.