IP Telecom is a fantastic and hugely dynamic fast-growing Irish VOIP and telecoms company at the forefront of new communications technology in Ireland. We have been working with Irish Businesses since 2010.
Since our inception, we have grown our business customer base to thousands of customers across Ireland and the World. We have multiple PoPS in Ireland, have expanded into South Africa and are planning a rollout in the Asia Pacific soon. Our goal is to achieve massive growth while challenging the existing telecoms business model. We love APIs, and we love putting as much power into the customer's hands as possible!
We are looking for a Technical Consultant who will provide support to various departments within IP Telecom. Provide platform support to our frontline support desk and our wholesale partners and detailed Technical Solutions advice for our sales teams.
Our team is smart, eager, and extremely passionate both in helping people and solving problems.
The Technical Consultant is responsible for providing technical solutions for new & existing customers on the IP Telecom product suite and bespoke solutions. This may involve novel configurations of the IP Telecom platform, building additional components, or working with the development team to deploy new services and integrations. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills.
Primarily engaged in a technical consultancy role, the consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical requirements, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams and partners on proposal activities. Retain ownership of customer relationships through to delivery to ensure continuity of service expectations.
- Deliver training on new products to the IP Telecom Training and Support Teams
- Provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders. Through expert knowledge of the IP Telecom platform, be able to deeply investigate complex partner and client requirements and issues.
- Create design configuration documentation, including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and IP Telecom
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to be included in the monthly management reports i.e. - activity reports, project forecasts, KPI's Adhere to the Company's Quality and Business Processes
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to ascertain technical requirements and detail all necessary information to be collated by sales.
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- To ensure a smooth transition from Sales to Delivery.
- In-depth working knowledge of TCP and UDP over IPv4 and an understanding of IPv6.
- Strong interest in Internet technologies (routing, switching and general network infrastructure), including technologies associated with the VOIP market.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting expert familiar with protocol analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Very comfortable with SSH/Telnet and tools such as Putty
- Comfortable working with hosting technologies based on Linux based server systems, network storage systems and data centre services specifically,
- Linux - Red Hat-based / Debian based Distros
- High Availability concepts - Load balancers, failover, consistency.
- Bash / PHP/ Python / Ruby scripting
- Knowledge of CPE QoS technologies, including traffic prioritization, VLAN management, and traffic shaping.
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting
- Able to show and discuss a range of customer solution designs
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with hosting as well as network solution designs and have knowledge of the integration between the two
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development
- Organised and analytical, able to resolve problems through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person)
- Full EU drivers licence and willingness to travel
These are some things that would help you be a good fit for IP Telecom.
- You need to love to solve complex problems.
- You have worked in a similar role for at least four years.
- You are able to use your initiative to solve problems.
- You want to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You are constantly looking at new technologies and doing side projects to try out new tech.
- You think distributed systems are amazing and have worked on them before.
- We truly value our team members and listen to them and encourage them to contribute to the company.
- We're growing fast - it's exciting - the technologies we use are at the cutting edge of the telecoms market.
- We encourage a good work-life balance - remote working an option
- We are committed to paying good salaries.
- Brilliant opportunity to develop your career in a fast-growing and dynamic engineering team.
How to apply:
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV and cover letter.